- Game Guide
- Item Mall
When players first log into the game, they will be placed into a mandatory tutorial match. Players who do exceptionally well in this first match will be able to skip the full tutorial. The full tutorial lasts until the character reaches the Guard rank and teaches the player all about the game and it's features. It is strongly advised that players new to Dynasty Warriors Online should complete the full tutorial even if they are already familiar with the Dynasty Warriors franchise.
The full tutorial includes the following:
- Gameplay Tutorial - When you start the game and leave your home, the training quest "First March" automatically begins. This explains the basic controls and attacks.
- Training Quest "Flask Upgrades" - Explanation of ability upgrades using flasks during battle. To learn more about quests, visit the Items page.
- Training Quest "Base Basics" - Explanation of the role of bases and how to conquer them.
- Instructor NPC - This NPC provides you with training quests. All the quests he offers are repeatable. Complete and repeat these quests until you have acquired 200 Honor Points.
- Promotions Exam - Consult the Instructor NPC after earning the required amount of Honor and he will give you the Promotion Exam to earn the Guard rank. Until you become a Guard, leaving your home will take you directly to the Dojo Courtyard.
Once you have completed the tutorial, you are able to take service with one of the generals found in the offices around the dojo courtyard.
Questing in Dynasty Warriors Online is the fastest way to earn Honor Points and increase your character's rank. By increasing your rank you will be able to access more of the game's features and battle modes.
You can undertake a variety of quests by selecting the Quest command of certain NPCs in town. In contrast to normal battles, quests have special story based victory conditions.
Successful completion of a quest will earn you a reward (gold, items) and in some cases the domestic value increases. When the domestic value increases, it can affect you in many different ways, including: the type and number of items at the merchant or blacksmith increases, population increases, etc.
When you pick up quests from NPCs you must go to the Clerk NPC to start them. The Clerk can be located at the Central Plaza, the West Plaza, and the East Plaza near the Market entrance/exit. Once you successfully complete the quest, return to the Clerk you received the quest from in order to turn it in for a reward.
After completion of Training Quest "Base Basics" you receive a Musou Board. Once a day (real-time), speak to the officer shown in the Current Officer field (see screenshot) and you will receive a stamp on your Musou board as proof of your participation in battle. You can turn in your Musou Board to any General and you will receive rewards based on the number of stamps collected.
© 2006-2010 TECMO KOEI GAMES CO., LTD.