Players can enter the Marketplace outside the courtyard to accomplish many tasks.
In the Marketplace, players will find a variety of NPCs to interact with, including the Merchant, Antique Dealer, Craftsman, Tailor, Blacksmith, and Broker. The Merchant, Blacksmith, and Tailor offer players items to purchase and will buy your unwanted consumable items, weapons or armor for gold. Additionally, the Tailor has the ability to activate sealed gear or repair damaged gear and the Blacksmith can also temper weapons. For more information on the Blacksmith's functions, see the section below.
Players can use the Broker to auction off items or purchase other player’s items that have been put up for auction. When an item has been purchased through the Broker, you can choose to equip it immediately or it may be sent to the Weapon rack or Wardrobe. When you successfully sell an item, the receipt and gold will be sent to your Desk. The Antiques Dealer serves as the Item Mall for Dynasty Warriors Online. Here, players may purchase equipment, consumable items, and furniture using Aeria Points (AP).
Upgrading, Repairing, and Tempering
As a player increases their rank in Dynasty Warriors Online, they will be able to use a wider variety of weapons and equipment. The weapons and armor you select for your character can be upgraded by speaking with the various NPCs you can find in the Marketplace.
When speaking with the Blacksmith, you will be able to do the following:
- Temper - Tempering a weapon allows for more upgrades to a certain attribute of your weapon. This requires a small amount of gold and some items such as Jade, Rubies, or Amber.
- Activate - Activating a weapon unlocks a previously locked item. Items that have been locked can be carried over if you start a new character or reset a campaign.
- Modify - Modifying a weapon alters the base abilities of the item.
- Repair - Repairing a weapon restores the item to full durability. Durability of an item can fall when used in battle.
- Remove Tempering - You also have the option to remove all Temper Upgrades made to a specific weapon.
The Communal Forge can be found in the center of the marketplace. Here you can "Add Element" to weapons. Adding an element gives your weapon elemental effects in battle.
From the Community Loom, you can make upgrades or modifications to your armor.
- Dye - This can alter the colors of your armor.
- Add Elemental - Similar to the forge, the Loom can be used to add elemental effects to your armor.
- Sew - Combine specific materials with existing armor to create new items.
At the Communal Pot, you have the ability to combine two consumable items to create a new one. However, in order to combine any items, you will need the necessary recipe first.
© 2006-2010 TECMO KOEI GAMES CO., LTD.